Need Advice On Sound System Install - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need Advice On Sound System Install

To start off I stopped at the local audio store that carries JL products and the guy in there was about as usefull as whale **** on the bottom of the ocean floor. He basically could give me no information on what would be the best option for me.

This will be going in a 2010 CC with the power sliding rear window. I have the factory sub, but that isn't loud enough. The door speakers are also not very loud. With the windows down I can hardly hear aything 50' away.

I'm looking to budget under $1000 for everything. I already have a TMA 500/1 amp that I used to push 2 JLW1's and will use that. I'd like to go with JL throughout the whole truck unless someone suggest a better option. For the sub it'll be the JL13tw5 and for the door speakers it'll be some basic JL 5x7's. I don't plan on putting an amp on them so no need for a component system.

Can someone point me the right direction as for what I should get and where to purchase the sub, 5x7's, box, wiring, and radio adapter from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOn22's View Post
To start off I stopped at the local audio store that carries JL products and the guy in there was about as usefull as whale **** on the bottom of the ocean floor. He basically could give me no information on what would be the best option for me.

This will be going in a 2010 CC with the power sliding rear window. I have the factory sub, but that isn't loud enough. The door speakers are also not very loud. With the windows down I can hardly hear aything 50' away.

I'm looking to budget under $1000 for everything. I already have a TMA 500/1 amp that I used to push 2 JLW1's and will use that. I'd like to go with JL throughout the whole truck unless someone suggest a better option. For the sub it'll be the JL13tw5 and for the door speakers it'll be some basic JL 5x7's. I don't plan on putting an amp on them so no need for a component system.

Can someone point me the right direction as for what I should get and where to purchase the sub, 5x7's, box, wiring, and radio adapter from?
Did you ever get the system running??? I'm clueless about sound systems, and have a 2010 CC with power window as well. I love loud, solid, crisp, thumping music (if that makes sense) and I am looking for a system with the same setup you were looking for a few months back...u find any advice? Thanks in advance!
Old 12-01-2011, 05:47 AM

Well, i see you are in louisiana, our sound law is 15' away from the truck incase you were wondering.
With that being said, for loud sound, you NEED amps.
JL subs are the way to go, JL mids on the other hand.. their just ok.
What kind of head unit do you have, or plan on getting?
Also, with a nice subwoofer setup, you will def want to amp your mids/highs because they wont be loud enough.
.. that is if you are like me, and over do stuff.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingHigh05 View Post
Well, i see you are in louisiana, our sound law is 15' away from the truck incase you were wondering.
With that being said, for loud sound, you NEED amps.
JL subs are the way to go, JL mids on the other hand.. their just ok.
What kind of head unit do you have, or plan on getting?
Also, with a nice subwoofer setup, you will def want to amp your mids/highs because they wont be loud enough.
.. that is if you are like me, and over do stuff.
I'm assuming you're talking to me...and I'm in South Carolina. sound law? don't think anyone knows anything about them 'round here! jk. I'm going to run a 6.7 Nav head unit, so i won't be putting out crazy bass. I used to run a sick system in my F-150, and as I have gotten over, I'm more into the crisp sound, and when i get drizzle I like to crank it up a bit, but I don't want the cars next to me to listen to my music too

Now when it comes to horsepower and tuning...YES, I'M VERY OVER THE TOP!!!

Thanks for the response bro.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:04 AM

Well as long as you are going for a little louder, yet crisper and better quality, that head unit will def be fine. A nice set of 3 ways and one nice sub would be good for you.
I wish I could deal with sticking with simple like that.
And as for the louisiana comment. That was for the OP.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingHigh05 View Post
Well as long as you are going for a little louder, yet crisper and better quality, that head unit will def be fine. A nice set of 3 ways and one nice sub would be good for you.
I wish I could deal with sticking with simple like that.
And as for the louisiana comment. That was for the OP.
Gotcha! Thanks mane!!! cheers!

BTW...I just figured out how to use the smiley faces...awesome!!! hehe
Old 12-01-2011, 06:32 PM

I have not yet got around to installing the system yet. I picked up a JL 13 from a buddy who traded his truck in. I have an amp already. So all I need is to buy the box from SPKL2 then install it all. I'm going to use my factory Nav head unit. As for high and mids I'll keep factory then eventually change out.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:15 PM

have you checked DD audio?.. for $1000 you could get everything you need and make your ears bleed
Old 12-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammett88 View Post
have you checked DD audio?.. for $1000 you could get everything you need and make your ears bleed
hhmmm....idk if i want my ears to bleed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.