Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Remote start?

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Mshust44 
#1 ·
I looked under my dash this morning and found a unit that sys Ford Remote Start on it..... Does this work off of the remote entry fob?

How do you get it to work? There is a weird antenna in the windshield behind the rear view mirror.

Couldn't find anything on it in the manual..... This is one annoyance with buying a second hand vehicle, manuals don't match up. The good thing is I keep finding out new things about this truck!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Elmo

#2 ·
Hey elmo, my 03 had a remote starter on it when I bought it. I didn't find out untill I was cleaning my truck out one day and sat on my keys just right, the radio came on and about 30 seconds later the truck fired up! I freaked out and thought my truck was possesed! After a bunch of different combinations and attempts I figured out that I had to hit the lock and unlock button at the same time to get the truck to start. Hope this helps!

#3 ·
Thanks, I tried..... Nothing, however if I hold it down the doors do the switch function from single tap to unlock all doors to double tap!!!!

Am I holding it wrong (iPhone quote! Lol)

#4 ·
PS I only have the 3 button remotes???? Lock, unlock and panic alarm?

#6 ·
I know, it has me baffled! Heading up to Ford this afternoon to pick my harness and cab lights to have a stab at installing those this afternoon..... I'll see if anyone can shed some light.

If I find out anything I'll post it up later.... Might help someone else out in my position.

Thanks again

#7 ·
try the lock button 3 consecutive times.

#8 ·
Thanks, tried..... No luck either. :( maybe i need a separate remote????

#9 ·
Thanks, just tried..... No luck either. :( maybe i need a separate remote????

#10 ·
I've got the Ford remote start on my 2010, and it does use a separate 1 button key fob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.