Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Add remote start from factory for my 08 questions

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  austin229 
#1 ·
Well I decided to get a factory remote for my truck since I didn't order my truck with it. The dealer said it will work with my key fab's which is what I want. They just installed it to my Mother in laws boyfriends Focus. But as soon as you open the door the motor shuts off and you have to put the key in and restart it. :dunno: Kinda dumb. Why doesn't it stay running? I don't want to restart my diesel everytime. So can anyone help me?

#2 ·
Did I not explain myself right?

#4 ·
Got an update. Because my truck doesn't have the my key it won't do that. So some of the 2010 6.4's might have the my key and they might shut off if you get it installed but if you don't have the my key you will be ok and it will stay running.

#5 ·
the kit I installed on my 2010 is the one with the separate one button clicker. It stays running as long as you dont hit the brake pedal. I can also use my door code to unlock and it stays running.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.