Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

suggestions on sub box 2008 f350 behind the seat?

8K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  KTM300 
#1 ·
hi all, im trying to find a good sub box to shove behind my rear seat on the driver side, i want to utilize a jl 13tw5 and am not sure if a wedge will fit. i know it wont fit length wise but maybe on its side? i would just like some suggestions on what others have done because i dont want to put a box under my seats. also is there a remote(trigger) and signal wire already back there i can use for a new amp off my old sub? thanks so much for your help!

#7 ·
What a great place to buy a speaker box for our trucks. The price is right and the shipping is already in the price. Why can't everyone do that?:dunno: :doh:

PAC make a line level converter with a remote turn on wire built in. When it gets signal from the inputs it sends power to the amps remote turn on. I just used one on my Son's Lexus. It works great.

PAC Pac Soem-t 2-channel
Thank you I will have to look at that. I don't have the factory sub. I was also kinda wondering if the power had to come from the deck or the wiring harness back there would have one.

#4 ·
r u keeping the factory head unit ??

#6 ·
PAC make a line level converter with a remote turn on wire built in. When it gets signal from the inputs it sends power to the amps remote turn on. I just used one on my Son's Lexus. It works great.

PAC Pac Soem-t 2-channel

#8 ·
ok so i bought the pac module and 2 sets of jl tr570's and ordered my box from spl2k.com and i went with a 13tw5 in a sealed inclosure with a jl hd750/1 amp. i already installed the speakers but have to wait for the pac module and sub and amp. ill post some pics when i get it all done

#9 ·
Can't wait to see pictures and what you think of the subs. Also can't wait to hear your opinion on the subs. Where are you from I would like to hear it....

#10 ·
im from calgary alberta canada so it would be a long drive for you:hehe:

the speakers are a huge upgrade from the ford speakers, i have the audiophile 8 speaker system and the tr570s are a big upgrade. the 13tw5 should really fill in the bass void and blend well with the new speakers off the factory stereo. im happy i made the choice to keep the six disc factory head unit. ive had huge systems in the past, my nissan titan had an eclipse avn head unit,jl 300/4,jl 500/1 and custom box with jl 10w6 with zr 650 components so im hoping i can come close to that using the factory head unit and no component amplification or crossovers.

#12 ·
hi all, now that i have the PAC module, there is only front and rear rca's and no sub pre-out. so how do i wire my jl 300/4 and my 750/1 monoblock and retain fader control? the only way i can see is taking one pre-out through monoblock then output to front input and forget about the rear pre-out on the 300/4 but then i dont have fader control. any help would be great

#13 ·
how about this, front rca's to input on monoblock then out of monoblock pre-outs to the front rca's on 4 channel amp then from the rear rca's on the PAC module straight to the rear rca's on the 4 channel amp. do you think this will work and retain fader control without fading sub out?

#15 ·
Hey man i know it's been a while since you posted, but I was considering putting the same sub in the same custom box from the guy you posted on here. I was wondering if you had any pictures or updates with how the system works with your factory head unit. I'm going to run virtually the same setup except i'm not trying to change out the door speakers. My truck didn't come with the factory sub, so it's sound system is sooooooooo weak. :doh:

So, basically how's it sound? i'm assuming after 7 months you had it all hooked up? Also, I have a buddy that's going to sell me his factory 2010 sub/amp for really cheap, and I figured until i can scrounge up the dough for the JL and custom box, this will suffice...am I going to be really disappointed?:dunno: Thanks in advance!!!:icon_ford:

#14 ·
I just got a Hi/LO converter, which splices into the rear speakers and gives you 2 RCA outputs for the amp, I'm gonna splice it in right behind the head unit. I am using the stock nav head unit in my truck.

I also have a factory sub but am putting custom box with two 10"s JL. So I'm am going to try to use the signal wire from there but will be running a power wire for the amp from the battery. Hope this helps.

#16 ·
Hey man, so here's the short of it, I scratched the PAC module after hooking my sub up and using factory speakers because it just didn't sound anything like I wanted it to. The stock head unit is just so weak in the processing and eq department I couldn't get around upgrading my deck with a full eq and a decent dac. The PAC is ok if you just want some thump but that's it. I ended up off the deep end, I bought a jl hd750/1 for the 13tw5 sub behind the seat and a 300/4 jl that I bridged for a set of focal k2p's for the front and left deck power to the rears for fill. I'm also running a single farad cap all being fed off a pioneer bdhp 3300(I don't need nav so went this route). I also used the remote level control for the 750 and it makes a huge difference to adjust sub output on different tracks. The focals are also ridiculous. The soundstage is amazing and you don't know there is no rears at all. Sooooo it turned out to cost a little more but in the end i haunt regretted doing things right and I don't miss the factory look at all because the head unit I have is very non intrusive and blends well with the interior.

#17 ·
Wow bro...bad A$$!!!!!! Ya I'm not trying to go that big (RIGHT NOW):doh: but in the near future, i'm going to mark your response as a favorite and try to catch up to you. Thanks for the quick response and advice. Sounds like your system is BOSS!!! :woot:

#18 ·
When hooking up the PAC, which rear speaker wires are which? I was told the white with green stripe is + and the tan with yellow is -... was I told correct?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.