Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

temperature control

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  n4hhe 
#1 ·
Did any one changed their temperature control knobs to auto control

#6 ·
Yes, If I had to guess... and this is just a guess. I'll bet a nickel it cannot be done for less than a 1K and thats probably if your lucky.
So lets say it can be ... Is it worth that much to have the auto climate control?
To me its not.
Not trying got get you down, But I had a quick look at doing this my self.
In fact to me? Prob not worth more than 3-5 Hundred for the upgraded mod. imho. :)

If you do complete this modification Ill bet a lot of users would be real interested in the how and how much. Plus Pics too.

#7 ·
Am guessing its not just the controls because the auto unit has dual temperature zones. You could be thankful that you do NOT have this because from what I gather (and from my own experience) there has been a high incidence of passenger side mixer door failures.

5 days before end of warranty I got mine fixed. And without even asking me they gave me 5 new tires on the Continental recall! Had checked the numbers based on the letters Continental sent and was certain that my tires were too new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.