Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Keychain door locker

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Beene 
#1 ·
I just picked up an 08 xlt. The truck doesnt have the keychain type door lock/unlocker. Does anyone know if I can just buy one or is the rest of the system not in place. I thought all xlts had this but this is the second one I have seen without this option. Thanks.

#2 ·
A quick test you can perform to see if your truck is capable of using the keyless entry remote is to do the following. Put the key in the ignition and turn it to the start and then off position 8 times.(No need to actually start the vehicle) On the 8th time, leave the key in the on position. If your doors lock and unlock automatically you have the keyless option. Just buy a remote off of e-bay and then do the same procedure above again and push any button on the new remote and it will program it to your vehicle.

#3 ·
I went to ford and bought their remote. A tech came out to set it up and it wouldnt work. He said if it has electric locks it should work. He told me to get it into their shop so he can check the computer. The TPMS wont reset either. Thanks for the input.

#4 ·
You have TPMS and no remote locks?? I thought TPMS was part of a option package that included all the keyless locks and some other electric stuff? Although my Lariat has everything EXCEPT TPMS so what do I know:)
Do you have the Keypad on the outside of the door?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.