Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

pkall and al-1810-edp install

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  dafaic 
#1 · (Edited)
Need assistance with alarm install and some pointers.

Using AL-1810-EDP Excalibur alarm/remote start and Pkall for bypass.

Will be using D2D between pkall and brain. The pkall calls for the blue/white to connect to a (-) while running. After looking through the alarm diagram I don't see a (-) while running nor on the trucks wiring. A possible option is to connect this to the horn output which is (-) and since this is a programmable out, change the alarm to show it as an ignition out? This wire must show (-) only during a remote start/run situation.

I understand I need to cut the blue/white for the starter which is at the ign switch/grey 10 pin plug/ #10 pin. The starter side will go to the violet wire on the main output connector of the alarm brain labeled starter relay output. After looking over the diagram there is no ignition input. It does appear there is a (-) start activation input but is also much smaller guage. Should I use a relay to convert this positive ign wire from ign switch to a negative and connect to the white/blue on the aux wiring harness of the alarm brain?

Can I connect both the acc heater blower 1 and 2 (from ignition switch 10 pin plug pins 7 and 5) (#1 brown/yellow or yellow orange) (#2 purple/green)to the single orange accessory relay out of the alarm brain?

I am only going to use single unlock so that is (-)yellow/purple from truck to blue wire on power door lock interface. I'll have to test the alarm to see what the polarity is as it is not indicated on diagram.

lock is (-)blue/green connected to green on power door lock interface. will have to test polarity to insure alarm outputs (-) signal.

The alarm hood trigger input is (-). I would like to use the factory hood trigger. Any info on the factory hood trigger would be appreciated as it's not posted anywhere I've seen.

I certainly appreciate all the help...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.