Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Factory GPS "NO GPS" problem

7K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  arcTTU 
#1 ·
I did a search, but couldn't find anything.... all of a sudden, my 09 navigation keeps showing the "NO GPS" icon... I did the 3&6 button thing and it just looks like its not receiving satellite signals... sometimes it gets 1 or 2 satellites, sometimes none, and then every once in a while, it works fine, but my entire ride home this evening (10 miles), it never worked... "NO GPS" the entire way home. Any suggestions? I thought it may have started when I was jacking around and hit the recalibrate on the compass... but I drove in circles and it says that it is now calibrated. Frustrated....

#2 ·
OK, maybe I'm just impatient. Here's what i've done so far. I ripped the dash off, pulled out the radio... unplugged all the wires, plugged them back in to make sure all antennas were plugged in good... put everything back together. Got back in my truck this evening and drove to the gym... about a 5-mile trip. Most of the trip is going through cotton fields, where the tallest item for a half mile is a 2-foot tumbleweed... no clouds tonight. It was off and on until I got to the gym. When I left the gym... ran a couple of errands, and it worked fine. Got home and took the pics below of the GPS diagnostics. Maybe there was just some sun flares or some other wierd interference today. Who knows... also took my wire-rimed sunglasses off the dash... maybe that helped. I'll post again if the inconsistent GPS signal continues... but for now, it seems to work. Its not that big of a deal... just that the gps map comes on for 1/2 of the screen when I turn off the truck, and its annoying when I get home and it still says I'm at my office. And embarrasing when my wife chimes in about the nav in her tahoe that "has never had a problem working". Damn chevy people.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.