Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Power Fold?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  zeddy 
#1 ·
hey all,
so this has been a little problem for a while now, about a month ago my drivers side mirror was sticking when i would powerfold it in, but would have no problem going out, the pass side works fine both ways, now my drivers side wont come in or go out! but the pass side works fine still...any thoughts on what could be wrong?

#2 ·
That sucks. I have had problems with my trailer tow mirrors too. Only my problem was that when I would use the key fob to unlock the doors the driver side mirror would try to adjust itself all the way down, start clicking and sound like it was going to break itself. The dealer wouldn't try to fix it, they would only replace it for about $1000. Go figure about a month after I replaced the driver side the passenger side started to do the same thing. I called Ford customer care but I was one of the "few people" that have had this problem and they didn't think there would be a recall. I was like, that's nice, I think there is a manufacturer defect if both mirrors had the same problem and within a month to boot. I have done some thinking and there is an actuator inside the mirror that could be broken in your case and possibly replaced but I don't know for sure. I would call tascaparts.com 1-800 number and ask them if they have any ideas.

#3 ·
alright thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.