Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

hid's

751 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  aquamans350 
#1 ·
Hey guys, been a cummins man all my life and am new to the powerstroke life. I just bought a 2008 f-250 and wondered what bulb they run so when i order hid's i can get the right ones.
Thanks, Braden Augustus

#7 · (Edited)
I got a set of 35W 4500K DDM's for both headlights and fogs. No regrets! They are far brighter than the Silverstars I had earlier. I have not been flashed by anyone yet, considering I drive at least 1hr in the dark everyday. I might try the brighter 55W bulb later. The H13 hi/lo works with the existing stock harness. Stuff only plugs in one way, so it's pretty straight forward once you read the non-existent documentation that comes with the package :)

No need for error code eliminators or any special harnesses. Stock wires are big enough to handle the current which is no more than the stock bulbs. I had to splice in a longer ground wire since our headlights are lower from the battery and seems to be spaced further apart compared to the 'average'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.