Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Anyone running component speakers?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ianstew 
#1 ·
When I had my sound system put in I had all Memphis Audio put int he truck with component speakers up front, I still wasn't happy with the sound so I pulled the front door panels off when I did my handle swap and was not happy at all with the placement of the tweeters.

So my question is, for those running a set up like this in the front, where are you running the tweets and if you have any pictures?

The shop wants to place them right above the 2 outer air vents on the dash.

#3 ·
i have rockford fosgate components on a 4 channel amp. 2 way speakers in the back and component speakers with tweeters mounted in the door. on the dash i put another set of rockford tweeters in the corners. the dash tweets make a big diff. the sound "reflects" off the window and amplifies back into the cab. absolutely love mine

#4 ·
My extra Set are here....

Use kick panels.... Once your go floor you never go door. :thumb:

#5 ·
tru...kick panels are nice. i had them in my old truck. havent had the time to make outlines and mold fiberglass for this truck yet. ummm..may be my next project!

#6 ·
That's guys right now there in the door and can only hear a minor difference, that picture was one area they talked about and the other was directly on the dash on both corners right above the air vents.

As he described it would bounce off the windshield and into the cab. smkn22s you sure you dont work there... lol

#8 ·
Kick panels for sure, you can buy em at crutchfield if they make em for your truck. Kick panels offer the best placement for sound quality. More of an equal distance to the ear versus any other mounting location.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.