Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

'08 with aftermarket fuel tank

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  MD05 
#1 ·
I've had a Titan 67-gallon tank on my F-450 for some time (damn, isn't that fun to fill up!). The computer thinks I have the standard OEM tank (38 gallons?) so the range, MPG and other stats on the trip computer don't compute right. I guess the analog guage on the cluster works, but is there a way to "reprogram" the computer to the current tank size? When I installed my H&S Mini Max it allowed me to adjust for bigger tires, so I assume there's a way to adjust for the tank too?

Thanks to all you pros for your thoughts.

#2 ·
Well the MPG " lie-o-meter " shouldn't be affected by the larger tank size. Hell that thing isn't accurate even with the stock tank. I'm sure that reprograming the computer for the larger tank could be done, but it would take breaking some code and figuring out/ modifying some algorithms. And those pocket protector types that do that stuff don't come cheap. I don't think there is a large enough market, with a high enough demand , willing to pay enough money, to get a company to do the R&D needed to accomplish this task . Bummer to, cause I'm planning on putting on a Titian fuel tank come spring time.

#4 ·
My gauge isnt accurate with the stock tank so I guess I'd be curious also.

#5 ·
I am thinking of doing the same thing. What I have noticed withthe H&S tuner is the mileage meter is way off. 28-30 MPG by the computer and 18 by the paper and pencil. I am going to have KEM work up some Kuctom tunes for the trans and while we at it I am going to ask if he can rework the lie o meter as well. According to Mike this will have to wait until after the holidays...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.