Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What HID kit to get??

991 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Unique 
#1 ·
I have an 08 f250 i want 8000k and I dont know whether to get DDM or Stealth auto?? anybody have any preference and I need a relay rite? what about lowering the angle for oncoming traffic or just screw it

#3 · (Edited)
A vote for DDM. I got the 55 watt Hi/Lo kit, comes with the relay, and harness to connect directly to the battery. I didn't need to change the HL aim, has a nice clean beam that doesn't light up the inside of the car in front of me at a traffic light.
I even got the wife to take it out so I could see what it looked like to oncoming traffic (me) no problems, no flashes from any one.

#4 ·
SWEET, thats what I was looking at going with because of the review and price! how was the hook up for the high/lo?? do those red and black wires plug directly into the factory halogen bulb harness?

#5 ·
The Hi/Lo connections are included in the harness no problem at all.

#7 ·
Im thinking of getting the 55 watt 4500 head lights. How hard are they to install? also thinking about getting the 35 watt ones for my fog lights. what do you think about that? has anyone done this?

#8 ·
I have not done it on a ford, but I installed DDM kits for my lows, brights, and fogs on my Jap car. They were plug and play. Had them working within 1 hour. The ballast just goes between the stock harness and the new HID light. If the bulbs on your headlights and fogs are easy to get to, than youll have it done in no time

#9 ·
I have 35 watt 8000k in my fog lights! they work AWESOME! the color is alittle blue but it looks really good and the as far as lights output.....amazing!!! well worth it and i just pluged and played, no relay or anything on the fogs and they work fine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.