Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Sony nav

732 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  michigan37 
#1 ·
Stock nav has internal ecu error so I decided to replace anyway. I looked a putting sync in and decided to go aftermarket.

I'm getting the new Sony xnv 770bt 7" with tom Tom nav
I ordered sirius module and backup camera as well as steering wheel control module. They will be installing Thursday. Sony just came out with these nav units but Sony sales rep said if I didn't love it then they would replace it with the ken wood i was looking at.

Will post back my thoughts once have installed

#2 ·
Any update on this? I've been shopping different nav units since I got my truck. This sounds interesting. Pictures would be great!

#4 ·
The unit is really nice. I like the screen especially the clarity of the picture. So far nobody has known that i was on Bluetooth let alone in a truck on Bluetooth which was a big plus for me because of the amount of driving i do. The satelite radio is fine but i haven't read the manual and figured out how to set presets for the sat radio.

Tom tom is great and has a little module that goes. In the glove box that you can take inside and plug into computer.

I was trying to decide between the ken wood gamin and a pioneer and when i saw the Sony had tom Tom i was sold. Is first one my radio shop has done and they were really impressed with the unit.

I am going to read the instructions and really work on it this weekend in order to under
Stand how to use it. It works with my iPod and the special cable but Ipad does not support the software. So i am going to email apple about that cause if those will sync and it will charge my ipad then Ill be pumped up

#6 ·
Post some pics when you get a chance. Sounds great, going to have to get a look at one of these.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.