Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Factory Sirius setup?

747 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  derrick36 
#1 ·
A couple of you have already been extremely helpful in trying to get me pointed in the right direction when I go to upgrade my factory stereo in my 08.

There is no reason to rehash everything, but basically I'm just looking to upgrade the stock headunit to some sort of navigation unit(pioneer, kenwood, '09 OEM, etc). Along with that, I want a backup camera, steering wheel controls, and have it be Sirius ready.

I've already been helped with all of the questions I had about the steering wheel controls.

I'm wondering about the factory satellite radio equipment. My 08 doesnt' have any provisions for satellite radio but I was uder the assumption that everything could be purchased through ford or used like this setup: Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Used Factory Sirius Radio Kit: eBay Motors (item 230288406138 end time Sep-24-10 19:36:40 PDT)

My stock headunit is a single cd/mp3 unit that allows me to connect my Ipod through the AUX port.

At work we have a 2010 Explorer that appears to have the same headunit as my 08, but it also is equipped with SYNC and the provisions for Satellite radio.

Does that mean I could purchase that Sirius kit off of ebay, along with the parts necessary to have steering wheel controls and run all of that through my existing headunit? Of course I want to upgrade down the road, but it would be nice to have steering wheel controls and be able to listen to Sirius with the HU I have now.

Does that make sense?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.