Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

which HID kit should i get????

9K views 58 replies 17 participants last post by  futbal2332 
#1 ·
where should i go and what kit should i get for my 08 f350 i want a set of high/lows that are 6000k, i want a set that comes with everything i need for install i have seen some cheap *** sets out there and i dont want that i want one that is good quality

#38 ·
what is the h13 kit, there are so many numbers on there what are the different styles, also i dont really want the dual filament or what ever for my regular bulbs, i have aftermarket headlights and have two separate lights, hi and low...thanks

you dont need too but i highly recommend running relays with any HID kit... just means you will be running the ballasts off the battery and not from the stock harness....
so the hd is the relay?

I got the 55 Watt 6000k hi low kit from ddm fast shipping got in less than a week and man they are bright love them.
any link?

finally got my hid's install here are some pics
pics are not the best in the world they are on my new camera phone
stock lights

6000k 55w heads/35w fogs

fogs installed

headlights only

mine and my buddies rigs at the beach for some afternoon fishing

so that is the 6k from stealth? what are the fogs?

nope no prob at all...took a 5 hour drive at night last week with em on the whole way never had any problems with them...i have the standard 35w in my fogs...and 55w in my headlights
what do you mean the standard, the headlights are 6k right?
thanks

#6 ·
which kit did you get? raptor, slim kit, slim with internal ignitor? 35w 55w?
do i need the dual harness in and out? what about the error eliminator?

#4 ·
cool, thanks man, what is the hd relay for will i need one of these?

#8 ·
I got the 55 Watt 6000k hi low kit from ddm fast shipping got in less than a week and man they are bright love them.

#11 ·
:icon_ford:

were they an easy install? comes with detailed instructions i assume? did you get the hid warning canceller and the dual relays?

#10 ·
I do just 35watt tho cause any bigger and they can melt your housing

#12 ·
My kit came with everything it had the built in relays and install took about 45 minutes very easy it's just running wires and hiding them. The 55 Watt kits wash the color out more then the 35 Watt kits do to the higher voltage. I love them very bright and I love the look of them.

#13 ·
sweet sounds good i think i am going to order the ddm kit today then!!! I wonder if i need that error eliminator kit?

#14 ·
elm302, will those firestone airbags work on my 08'?

#16 ·
I don't think you need the error eliminate kit I think that's for fancy cars. I don't see why the bags wouldn't fit just fyi they are air rites same thing pretty much just wasn't paying attention when I wrote that.I have 6000k in all my lights very faint blue and very bright more white then anything

#17 ·
do they come with a compressor? or do i have to air them up each time i use them?

#18 ·
No compressor I just aired them.up with mine at the house but a compressor could be put on easily.

#19 ·
cool, i will pm you if i need them im going to hook up to the tractor this weekend which is about the heaviest load i haul so if it looks like i need them i will, but wont know till the weekend

#23 ·
Here is a pic of my 5k's in my truck before I swapped out the stock fogs. You can see the difference in color pretty well. I went 5k over 6k to try and get the a true white. The 5k's are pretty white and I would say they still have a hint of blue in them to my eyes, so 6k would have a little more blue tint to them. They work great at night. You will love it and never want to have another truck with out them.

#25 ·
I think this is all you need, at least this is what I am ordering.

DDM HID Kit, 55W, H13, High / Low, 6000K
Bulb Color: 6000K
Bulb Type: H13 Hi/Lo (+$20.00)
Wattage: 55 Watt (+$10.00)
$65.00

DDM HID Kit, 35W, H10, 6000K
Bulb Color: 6000K
Bulb Type: H10
Wattage: 35 Watt
$35.00

HID Kit Wiring Harness
$12.50

#26 ·
that is what i just ordered minus the fog's, think i will order the fogs in a few weeks, i should have just got it all at one time but i didnt think about it

#27 ·
ok i cancelled my order to reorder heads and fogs together, do i need to get 2 hid harness? or will the one harness work for both heads and fogs or do i even need it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.