Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Installing upfitter switches on truck with integrated trailer brake controller

6K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  RUFFSTUFF 
#1 ·
I want to install upfitter switches on my f350, the truck already has the integrated trailer brake controller and I do not want to get rid of that. I looked at upfitter switches online and it comes with a coin slot in place of the trailer brake controller. It looks as though the the coin slot is connected to the upfitter switches, as in one piece. I do not want to pay extra money to rebuy the trailer brake controller so i was wondering if the upfitter swtiches can be ordered without the coin slot. Any input would be nice.

#2 ·
It comes with the coin slot but it is 2 pieces. You dont have to install the coin slot:thumb:

#6 ·
Easy cheesy:thumb:

#7 ·
mine was not easy at all,not sure if i got a harness that was made right or what but it barley reached....and it took me a while to find the plug under the dash,other than that it was easy,i also had a dummy end on the plug up under the dash that has to come off first,i learned that after trying to plug the harness in for about 10 min with no luck:hehe:

#9 ·
Yes when I installed mine it was a PITA. The harness barely reached, and trying to get up to the plug to plug everything in is hard work if your not a midget. the harness plug is to the right of the brake pedal up behind the dash.

#11 ·
There is one plug that is up in the firewall under the steering wheel that can be difficult. Other than that it is pretty straightforward. There are pictures and instructions posted in other threads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.