Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Those with AVIC Pioneer units no long have to smudge your screen..

816 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MPTonyT 
#1 ·
This may be old info to some, but didn't see anything posted about this. Not sure if any others have an AVIC Pioneer headunit but I for one do and got pretty tired of not having a remote.. Well a little while back PAC came out with a working option!

"Recently @ CES 2010 PAC released a product that gives the avic z110bt (and others) the ability to use remotes. No lag and if used with the correct remote then it also allows activation of the voice function right from the remote!Not sure why pioneer removed the IR but this little add on from PAC is just what I was looking for. Part #: WRI-P works best with (CD-R510). This product completes the unit by giving it what it should have had in the beginning!"
Quoted from AVIC forum site... you can get the parts from Amazon for around $60 total.. But there you go!

Amazon.com: Pioneer CD-R510 Card Remote for 2007 Pioneer Car Stereos: Electronics

#2 ·
Thanks for the heads up, I have the Avic-Z2 (Z3) in my truck. Always wondered why it didn't come with a remote but found that I never needed it though since I had the steering wheel controls. Only button missing is the Voice Activation button on the steering wheel, hoping to get the control from the 09-10 which has the button to see if it can be programmed like the others.

#3 ·
Yeah those PAC guys are pretty innovative. That module mainly works on the AVIC-F, X and some Z series radios (ones without wireless remote capability). Part number is WRI-P

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.