Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Sync wont recognize Iphone 4

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Gas Sucks 
#1 ·
Got an Iphone 4 about a month ago and havent been able to get it to Sync with my truck. Any ideas? I had an iphone 3G with the IOS 4 and it worked fine. I sold the Iphone 3g and didnt erase it from my truck, is that what is preventing it from seeing my phone?

#2 ·
Tried a dfferent phone tonight and it will not recognize it either. I push the phone button and it says connecting and device no found, then i tried add a device and it said the same thing. Anybody have any ideas on what i should do

#3 ·
Have you tried having it initiate the connection from the stereo instead of the phone? I've had the same type of problem in the past where the phone can't seem to initiate the connection or vice versa.

Also, are you holding it in your left hand? May want to try again while holding it in the right hand.

:hehe:

#4 ·
I have the Iphone 4 and no problems. My handsfree is actually better. For some reason it is louder with the new phone. When you get a new phone, you have to go in and add that device. Go to phone settings or something like that...You can delete your old phone and add the new one and you should be good to go.

#6 ·
Was it a case of too many devices causing the problem? Glad you got it worked out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.