Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

stock sirius box

798 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Sawed Off 
#1 ·
Where is the stock sirius box for the radios in these? I sorta looked a little. Heard they were behind the glove box on the f150's.. diddnt see anything there though. anyone have any pics or info on this? Second question is, can I use the stock sirius antenna on my aftermarket deck

#2 ·
I have an 08/job3 and my Sirius box is behind the panel under the steering wheel, after you remove it it's on the left side looking forward, you will see the antenna cable on the bottom. Good luck!

#4 ·
The Pioneer nav systems (like in the 08 and older trucks) did not have built in Sirius tuners and therefore did require an external Sirius module. However, the Clarion/Xanavi units (like in the 09 and up trucks) has Sirius built into the Nav unit and does not require an external module. From your signature it looks like you have a 2010 truck so if your truck came with navigation, you would not have an external Sirius module. However I do not know if these newer trucks with non-nav radios had Sirius built into the radio or not.

Steve

#5 ·
I dont have the navi radio, I have the in dash 6 disk with sync. Im replacing it with a kenwood. I was just hoping that I could use the oem sirius antenna vs placing another one on the roof. Im pretty sure I need to get the sirius box for the kenwood though

#6 ·
I dont have the navi radio, I have the in dash 6 disk with sync. Im replacing it with a kenwood. I was just hoping that I could use the oem sirius antenna vs placing another one on the roof. Im pretty sure I need to get the sirius box for the kenwood though
i searched forever to do this in my dodge for the same reason u r.... if u find the box or watever under the dash e-mail or call citruscables.com. they made me a cable that pluged into my sirius box under the dash and would plug into my sirius docking station i mounted on my dash. :thumb:

think the cable with both ends on it was like 20 bux shipped.:woot:

#7 ·
I found the box. It was right where cbenn said it was. So now all I need to do is get a kenwood brand Sirius box for my kenwood radio :) gonna wait a little bit though.. spent enough money in the last couple weeks lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.