Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

keyless entry code

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  n4hhe 
#1 ·
I just bought a 08 f250 and it didnt come with the manual. does anyone know where the factory code is located.

#2 ·
you have to get it from a dealer or anyone whom can read the code. It has to be hooked up to read the code. If you bought it from a dealer see if they will do it, otherwise it's 80 bucks to get it done.

#3 ·
:ditto:

You may want to check to see if it was written in the Owners Manual. If not do like I did and when you have to go to the Dealer for some other service ask them for it. They gave it to me for free. I think as long as they have to plug in for any reason they can get the number for you.

#6 ·
Like haccpguy said, the factory code should be printed in fairly large print on your PATS module under the dash somewhere. A search should tell you where the module is on your truck. Sometimes they are mounted vertically, and may be hard to read the code. Sometimes small mirrors help to get in small areas to see the code. Good luck.

#7 ·
Another thing to consider would be to search security forums for a one page sheet of numbers to type on the keypad. The truck will unlock before you get to the end of the page. Just note the last 5 digits you pressed. Should take less than 30 minutes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.