Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Looking for LED strobes for exterior 09 f250

881 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  PSDfreak 
#1 ·
I am looking for some exterior LED lights (amber) for my truck. I work in a lot of live traffic doing roadway construction. I'm looking for something that stays installed full time but is not incredibly noticable when not in use. Something for front and back of truck. Prefer not to drill into the truck for mounting.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

#3 ·
First off, and please don't take this wrong, LEDs aren't strobes.

Whelen TIR3s are nice, LIN3s would work also. There is a Mini-Liberty on EBAY that'll throw some light. I run all Whelen except for the Mini Phantoms in the topper of my truck. Some TIR6s or a SLimlighter or two could work also.

Here's a video for reference.The lights in the lower front bumper are TIR3s and the windshield is a Slimlighter, these are equipped with 2 TIR6s.

Recon Whelen 2 video by 1StarDriver - Photobucket

If you serious about your lights, don't go cheap, there companies out there with video that show how bright their lights are, but it's shot in a dark room and in daylight they don't show up.

Sirennet.com is a good site, they do sell product but also have video demonstrations of alot of different lights.

#4 ·
I have thought about the hideaways I'm just not thrilled about drilling the light buckets.

Thanks for the tips. I guess I should have said LEDs that strobe?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.