Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Quesiton about remote turn on for amp...

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  jb_6.4 
#1 ·
I've been searching for an answer to this, but with no real luck. I am using a LOC to hook up my amp. My questions is what should I tap into for the remote turn on the kick the amp on?? Can I just tap into the power wire for the stock head unit? And if so, which wire should I be looking for?

I have already spliced into the rear speakers for the LOC but forgot about the turn on to the amp. Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
Finally found the wire I needed. Just in case anyone else needs this info, it is the blue wire in the same harness as the speakers. This is the accessory wire that will turn on and off with the ignition.

blue = accessory wire

:icon_ford:

#3 ·
Hey I was reading somewhere that the blue only give off 6v though.. I am trying to do the same process as you but my buddy and I were poking and prodding all night to find nothing. Some protector light keeps coming up on our amp, even when we poked the blue wire. Can you explain to me how you went about installing your after market items on your stock radio?

#4 ·
I tapped into my fuse box when I just had my oem radio in. The only thing I diddnt like was it shut the amps off when I turned the key off vs when your radio shuts off after you open up one of the doors.

#5 ·
:thumb:I actually tapped into the speaker wires behind the radio along with the blue wire to turn the amp on. (It works with the accessroy position on the key and stays on after the truck is shut off until the doors are opened)

I haven't had any probelms as of yet and everything thing seems to work fine. I used the wires tapped into the speakers, (Front Right +/- & Front Left +/-) for the Line Output Converter (LOC) and ran all of these wires down the right side.

I then ran the power wire from the battery down the left side under the sill plate and then grounded the amp under the rear seat bolt. I did however have to use the brown wires on the LOC to ground it before the amp would turn on and function properly. That could possibly be your problem since the protect light is illuminating on your amp.

Hopefully this isn't too confusing but if you need any further clarification then let me know :thumb:

#6 ·
So you tapped the blue into the speaker wires? Is that what you are getting at? I think tonight we might try to hook it up to the blue accessory wire tonight. Sorry for so much questions, so new to this aftermarket radio stuff. Thank you for the help though!

#7 ·
Thanks JB64, I got my speakers hooked up. :thumb::woot: All I need to do is fit them behind my seat and i will be set. :( Appreciate the help:icon_ford:

#8 ·
You are welcome. Sorry my post was probably a little hard to follow, but I'm glad you got everything working. If you need anymore help with it I will be glad to try and help out. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.