Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Help guys! im stumped

736 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Sawed Off 
#1 ·
How in the heck are you guys getting new speaker wire to the door???? I went to stick my components in last night, and when I ran the wire through the door, I found out that it has a din plug that it goes into instead of a wire loom through it like the old style. I got a little upset when I seen that. The only way other to do it that I see right now is cut the factory wires and run them from the deck back to my amp. I do not want to do that. Im already upset that I had to tag into my back wires for the line out converter... Its just not my style. I normally run new wires to everything so if I ever have to put it back together, it all looks oem still. Im startin to think that its more work to make the stock deck work VS putting my alpine back in:doh:

#3 ·
I have always ran new wires, for the aftermarket speakers. Then I go straight to the amp with them vs using the radio voltage. My plan was to put them on a old school rockford 100ix amp. Running boston pro series 6.5's component set.. and trying to keep the oem radio in the truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.