Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

OEM Backup Camera Wiring RCA

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Coreyciv95 
#1 ·
Anyone know where I can tap video feed positive and negative to convert to RCA plug? I'd like to hook up to my CTS2 instead of the rear view mirror. I found color codes and locations for an F150, but no luck on my truck. Thanks!

#2 ·
Hey Justinlw. Did you get a solution to your post? I'm about to install an aftermarket nav radio and would love to have the reverse camera show up on the big display. The mirror display is about useless when trying to backup to a trailer.

#3 ·
Negative, I haven't had time to mess with it. I found some wire color lists for camera feed in drivers kick panel, don't know what I did with it though. I'll try to dig it up and share. We can't be the first to do this.

#4 ·
I actually figured it out last night. The wires from the rear view camera come down passenger A pilar and terminate to a connector that is behind the glove box.

The wire colors are:
White/Green video+
Brown/violet video-

I disconnected the plug from the connector pulled it out from behind the glove box up from where the A pillar meets the dash. That gave me about 12 " of wire length to work with. I cut an rca cable connected the pin to white/green and the shield to Brown/violet. Plugged it in to my aftermarket navigation system. Then Plugged it back to the connector behind the dashboard.

Popped it into reverse and boom. Camera on my in dash nav and on the rear view simultaneously.

-Corey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.