2008 F250 cruise control not working - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4 Electronics Discussion TV's, Radios, everything electric and NON-Performance.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroOne View Post
On another forum, someone had the same issue. No matter how many times they pressed "ON" and "SET", it didn't work. Turned out to be the brake pressure switch. The truck thought the brakes were applied, so cruise wouldn't work.
thats what i was thinkin mine was b/c i have the Brake switch B code. guess i was right! gonna get it looked at around Christmas time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2009, 08:34 AM

Just saw another post about this. Similar, but with more info on WHY the switch failed. Here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatMarti View Post
I had the same problem. Replaced the pressure switch and it worked for a few hours, then it started again. It turned out that the wire harness connecting the pressure switch was "stressed" to the point that one of the wires got torn inside the insulation and stopped making contact. The pressure switch circuit (when open) reports "pressure on", hence, the cruise control will not come on.

I fixed the harness and all's well since.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Dealer replaced the brake switch under warranty. Drove from FL to NY no promblems now. Well the fuel economy sucks 12 mpg @70mph ave.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:30 PM

fixed my CC

finally got it fixed by the ford dealer last week, it was the second brake switch, after they replaced to 1st one over the summer, they r two brake switches, WTF FORD ? Anyways it has not messed up at all, i use it every time i drive, Finally im stoked
Old 07-03-2011, 06:46 AM

My 2010 started doing this yesterday. Had a code for "brake line B" Cleared the code and still no dice. I figured it should come on if that code was not reading.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

just bought a 6.4 and mine doesnt work either! pissed off cause i plan on taking it on a 1800 miles trip this afternoon! gosh darn my poor foot
Old 01-08-2012, 07:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have 2010 250 King Ranch with same problem, did they say how they fixed the brake pressure switch?
Old 01-21-2012, 04:55 PM

happen to me also,did some digging,it is the connections to the switches,one is down by the brake pedal,other is under the hood by the brake booster,un plug them and reseat them will start working havent had a problem since.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a 2008 f-250 with 75000 miles and mine stopped working along with my horn and radio buttons. Turned out to be the clock spring witch is not realy a spring but a coil of wires that looked like a clock spring hints the name "clock spring". Once i replaiced my old one i took it apart and the wires bound up in there and broke apart. Just in case anyone runs into this problem. I know all yalls sounds like the brake pressure switch.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:16 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Clock spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFanatic83 View Post
I have a 2008 f-250 with 75000 miles and mine stopped working along with my horn and radio buttons. Turned out to be the clock spring witch is not realy a spring but a coil of wires that looked like a clock spring hints the name "clock spring". Once i replaiced my old one i took it apart and the wires bound up in there and broke apart. Just in case anyone runs into this problem. I know all yalls sounds like the brake pressure switch.
How do I go about replacing the clock spring; about how much did it cost?
Feel free to call me @ 901.371.6437
Thanks man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.