Tire presure sensor - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tire presure sensor

I have a 2008 F250 diesel , I just had a leveling kit installed along with new rims and 35" tires, I now get a message about tire presure monitor failure.
The tire store does not have any any idea how to fix this. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks, Ex Dodge Guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Jon

Hey

What are the tires set at psi wise? If they are not load range e and are set lower then the truck wants to see it will set the light. Also if it was damaged in the process.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to slammedSI Send a message via MSN to slammedSI Send a message via Yahoo to slammedSI
The only thing that the tpms does is read pressure differances. Only way to reset the light is to have it reset with the tpms tool. not many shops have them my store does tho. and i believe al NTB's do.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedSI View Post
The only thing that the tpms does is read pressure differances. Only way to reset the light is to have it reset with the tpms tool. not many shops have them my store does tho. and i believe al NTB's do.
ACTUALLY....the dont read differences in pressure...they read differences in tire revolutions per mile by using the ABS sensors in conjuction with the TPMS sensors

for the origional thread starter...ur gonna need to find out if the sensor was damaged or if its just wanting to be recalibrated now that the tires are a different size....
Old 11-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Sparkplugs Not Required

Don't you have a reset button that allows the system to recalibrate itself after it identifies a low tire and you check the air pressure? I'm just guessing here. My Buick regal has a reset button on the inside fuse panel........
Old 11-21-2007, 05:47 PM

Like everyone else has said, the tpms could have been damaged in the mounting process. However, look in your owner's manual under tpms or tire pressures, it should tell you in there if you can reset the sensor yourself. Other wise Discount tire should have the nessecary equipment to reset the senors for you (at least mine does anyway).

BTW: the only real way to find out if the tpms was damaged in the mounting process is to have the tire dismounted, by someone who knows what they are doing of course, and visually inspected. If it turns out it was damaged, have the store you bought the tires and had them mounted at buy you a new one (they are pricy!! about $250).
Old 11-21-2007, 06:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to slammedSI Send a message via MSN to slammedSI Send a message via Yahoo to slammedSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
ACTUALLY....the dont read differences in pressure...they read differences in tire revolutions per mile by using the ABS sensors in conjuction with the TPMS sensors

for the origional thread starter...ur gonna need to find out if the sensor was damaged or if its just wanting to be recalibrated now that the tires are a different size....
Thats not what i was told in my 6 day factory training class. I typed that exactly from my training book. But if you say so.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thats not what i was told in my 6 day factory training class. I typed that exactly from my training book. But if you say so.
factory huh?? Ford doesnt offer a TPMS specific class..... so it wasnt factory....it may have been a generic TPMS class..but trust me...stuff varies so much between manufacturers that they can never touch on enough...
Old 11-21-2007, 06:26 PM

Maybe in cali. but there was a tech from ford and chevy at this class.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Maybe in cali. but there was a tech from ford and chevy at this class.
lol...point proven...if it was factory training...there would have been only one person from one company. Just the ford TPMS could be about a four day class....

its an intigral system with the ABS....trust me...there are two different TPMS systems just in ford vehicles...not to mention what chevy...im assuming dodge...and the imports have...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.