Join Date: May 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm about to "deal with" my locking hubs. Opinions welcome.
I have researched and read what I could about the problems with the hubs - seals, vacuum, seizing, etc. so I do know a bit of background information. Any links or additional information would be helpful.
I'm in a 2008 Crewcab PSD and now that winter is here, I've noticed that my 4X4 is acting up. I'm about to go outside and test what's happening. Without extensive testing, I notice two things:
1. My right front locking hub won't turn. It's stuck in the AUTO position.
2. My left front hub will turn, but when it's set in the automatic position, and the right is in lock, the 4X4 won't engage using the internal switch. I'm assuming that because they are both set in different positions it won't engage from inside.
I'm planning on going outside and checking a few things:
1. Seeing if I can get the "seized" hub to turn using some lubrication.
2. Turning the key on to see if I can hear the electric locking motor.
3. Locking both hubs and seeing if I can then use 4X4.
Once I do that, I'll report back and start gathering information.
If anyone can chime in, I'm all ears.
PS - I will continue to post all the way through my journey so others can learn.
Last edited by scotiadallas; 12-28-2011 at 12:02 PM.