Death Wobble??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2011, 08:14 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Death Wobble???

On my way to the gym this morning I hit a bump in the road going about 65mph and Im pretty sure i went into a Death Wobble. This wasnt the first time though, the first time was when i was going across a bridge my truck started to shake but after the first time i went to go get an alignment and that seemed to help for a couple of weeks until today. It aslo seems that i have a very rough ride. could it be my shocks? i only have 20 thousand miles on the truck. But i did slide off the road one day when it was raining and a deer ran out in front of me. that incident was very rough, could that of ruined my shocks?
Any info or help is appreciated... Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

is your truck lifted? I dont think it would be the shocks. First place i would check would be a loose track bar and tie rod ends.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:22 AM

is your truck lifted? The first place i would check would be for a loose track bar or worn tie rod ends.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04hdfatboy View Post
is your truck lifted? I dont think it would be the shocks. First place i would check would be a loose track bar and tie rod ends.
no it is stock height. and im kinda new to trucks, well vehicles in general cause im only 16. so could you tell me what a tie rod looks like?
Old 07-14-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiBucsFootball View Post
no it is stock height. and im kinda new to trucks, well vehicles in general cause im only 16. so could you tell me what a tie rod looks like?
The track bar is the bar that connects the frame to the axle. A tie rod end is like a ball with a bolt that goes through the drag link. It connects to the pitman arm and to the steering knuckles. Sorry i wish i had a picture
Old 07-14-2011, 02:49 PM

I got under her and looked and everything felt nice and tight but i did notice that there was a hunk of dirt that was lodge in between a trailing arm and the frame. could that of been the reason for the wobble?
Old 07-28-2011, 06:44 PM

I have the death wobble something fearce. F250 1010 Harley . The I am at 32,000 mile and have maybe 2,000 on a 4 inch radius arm lift with dual stabilizers, . The dealership said it was the lift, and tried to get out of warranting it, and have since back peddled based on information provided to them and this big dog barking. They claimed the track bar had to be replaced, and replaced that and now say the death wobble is worse than ever. They claim they are going to have to replace a bunch more parts, but did not elaborate. I did have my steering box go bad at 20,000 mile when it was totally stock. It damn near killed me. Steering locked up to the right and would not go back. Thinking back I had a little death wobble then, but never went into a full fledged $hit in your pants wobbble like it does now. It only happens at 65 mph when you hit a rough patch of road. Wobbles at lower speeeds, but never goes into the death wobble. I have been without truck now 4 days.I hate reapirs, and hate being without a truck I spent so much money on, and like so much. It is just hard to believe a 65K truck can be this unsafe. Depending on how this turns out, I may end up going back to a Hummer. That was the best truck I ever had and never had one issue. I love my super duty do not get me wrong, but it has damn near killed me twice.

Last edited by GamblerHydra; 07-28-2011 at 06:45 PM. Reason: correction
Old 08-10-2011, 06:38 PM

They ended up replacing the steering gear and i had to pay for a alignment. I still get a wobble, but I no longer go into a full fledged death wobble. I will be taking it by KEM Performance and have Charles give me a 2nd opinion.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to PowerstrokeTech82787
Is this what you experienced?
Old 11-13-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerstrokeTech82787 View Post
Is this what you experienced?
Ford F-250 "Death Wobble" - YouTube
Yes, exactly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.