Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Locking Hub

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  late_99_PSD 
#1 ·
OK, so I went to take unlock my hubs for the summer and can't get my drivers side to move at all. So I started to look for a replacement but I don't know what to get. I was looking at the Warn but looks like they only go up to a 2004. I have a 2008 F350 CC-LB-SRW. Thank you

#3 ·
Maybe give Warn a phone call I am sure they would be more then happy to help.

#4 ·
Bump. Both of my hubs are stuck in auto mode, neither one will move. Does any one know if they can just be taken apart and clean to free them up?

#5 ·
I hear that they can be taken apart and then you can lube the o-rings, apparently they are whats causing the problem. On a side note why do you want to turn your hubs from auto to lock? I must be missing a glaringly obvious reason, but my 4x4 works just fine with my hubs in auto.

#6 ·
Ok, so I have an 08 350 4x4. My hubs are currently in the Auto position. When I switch to 4x4, the hubs do not engage. If I manually turn the hubs to lock, they work fine. Any thoughts on what I should look for.

BTW, the truck is in SC and not been in snow, salt, etc. Thanks

#7 ·
I believe they are vacuum operated, there should be vacuum lines down there somewhere. And they may be leaking, or the O-rings in the hub itself may be leaking. I think I saw upgrade vacuum lines somewhere. Good luck.

#8 ·
You can definatly take them apart and clean them. Try soaking them in PB blaster or equivilant to get them to turn, but they definatly need serviced. Really they should be taken apart every year and put new lube in them. The perfered lube is wite lithium greese because it works well in cold weather :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.