Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2010 F250 6.4L won't move.

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Uc11 
#1 ·
Have a 2010 F250 CCSB 4x4 6.4L that won't move. Was driving down the road, pull up to a stop sign. Go to take off and the truck jumped, made a awful noise and now won't move. When truck is put into gear all you can hear is a gear whining noise i think is coming from transfer case. Gear whine speeds up and slows down with gear selected in transmission. Transmission was just serviced at a dealership less than a month ago. Truck has 70k miles on it. Any guesses?

#2 ·
Check the hi-lo 4x4 actuator on the transfer case. I had a problem once when I disengaged my 4x4 hubs manually while in 4x4 low range, then got into the cab and disengaged the switch from lo range to 2wd mode. the truck was stuck due to what the computer thought and the actual gear locations inside the transfer case. I put everything back into low range, locked the hubs and drove it around my yard, then switched to 4x4 high then to 2wd ,then got out and disengaged the hubs. Problem solved. But it was the switch that signals the hi-lo sensing under the truck that caused the truck to error.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.