Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

shudder seems to be fixed

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  4desertfam 
#1 ·
My 2009 f250 lariat diesel 4x4 has shuddered since day 1.. It now has 2200 miles and the problem was presented to the Ford dealer..They did admit to a shudder problem,and did the "fix". The fix is rear end modifier fluid.. It seems to have fixed it ,but I was told to give it a couple hundred miles to really work.. The mechanic also said the rear end is only one of the places that could cause shudder,and if I was not happy to come back and he will look at it again.. I really thought I was going to get the run around ,but my dealer never even suggested that the shudder was normal..So far so good

#2 ·
Have same shuddder when pulling RV. Only on takeoff then calms down. Dealer says not normal for most trucks but not adnormal for my 2008 F-250 4x4. They say it is the lineup of the pinion and drive shaft on acceleration. I mentioned your resolve but they said that was for turning problems only, limited slip clutch problem.

#5 ·
Adding friction modifier is only for limited slip diff and normally you only feel it when turning as the right and left wheels will be turning at different speeds where the clutch pak needs to let them slip smoothly. Shudder or a single thump on drive away may be the slip yoke on the drive shaft. Grease it with moly paste and see if it stops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.