head gaskets replaced then other issues happened - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 12:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
head gaskets replaced then other issues happened

Bought truck may 15 2008 135000 kilometers and do my maintenance religously oil changes every 5000 to 6000 kilometers with synthetic

138000 kilometers fuel injector blew and was inplaced
140000 kilometers turbo issue corrected

145000 kilometers
July and aug 2008 had head gaskets egr and oil cooler replaced they just cleaned heads by grinding them

159000 kilometers (oct 2008
Had oil changed and tech noticed miscoloured coolant so I brough it to ford and they said it was normal due to issue with head gaskets and the coolant will always be miscoloured due to previous issue. Is this correct?

176000 kilometers March 31 2009
oil change again techs noticed steady bearing, swaybars links and bushing worn so brought it to ford for Repair.

I do all my oil changes at Gm as they have a drive through lube shop and takes 30 minutes to complete and Ford I have to leave it for the day. Both dealerships are owned by the same owners

While replacing the bushing , links and bearings they did a pressure test and ran diagnostics as the coolant was low and found that the head gaskets were gone again after only 28000 kilometers. Could this be due to not machining the heads last time? ( they did find groves in them this time could this be due to grinding them?)

april 9 2009

picked up truck started it big cloud of white smoke they said this was normal?

- idle flucuation between 1000-1200 rpm and matching vibration they said this was normal due to air in the lines?

while driving rpms stay at about 1500 even at 80 or 90 until I take foot off gas and will come and go?

when I take foot off the gas it feels like i am tower a trailer that has it's brakes stuck on slightly

when going up a hill i could not pass a honda civic doing 80 kms had to go into the slow lane?

has a whistle noise and high pitch noise

I am bringing it back on sat april 11 2009 and want a game plan please advise on what's happening with this truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2009, 02:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Heres a to the top for you .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.