Several Problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Several Problems

I've spend a fair amount of time lurking on these boards, looking for anybody having similar problems. Answers have been found, others are still left unanswered. My unanswered concerns are as follows.

When coming to a complete stop the entire front end of my 04 250 6.0 will vibrate and rattle. This will last as long as I am stopped. This also doesn't happen EVERYTIME. Actually, more often than not, it doesn't happen at all and seems to be a ghost. Seems to be triggered by long drives (multiple hour drives) and it first showed up during the first few cold days of the winter although weather hasn't seemed to make any difference in frequency. I really have nothing else to say about this. I've taken the truck to the dealership multiple times, while the vibrations were happening at every stop light prior to arriving only to arrive empty handed.

I have an oil leak accumulating on the underside of the truck. On the bell housing i suppose. I've been told it's from the rear main seal, been told it might be an oil line "buried somewhere" and have been told it might be that the prior people to change my oil aren't actually replacing my oil filter. I'm sure this problem will go either direction. Nothing to worry about, or time to file bankruptcy.

My third problem is a relatively new problem. And also related to 'coming to a stop'. The first time this problem showed itself was when I was ROLLING to a stop coming up a hill. I was not pressing the brake peddle, fyi. A loud grinding, groaning noise/feeling in the floor board presented itself. Coming from the driver side. This only comes around during slow rolls and occasionally during left and right turns (not sweeping corners, more of stop lights and stop signs). And once again, my personal favorite, the problem does not prevent itself consistently and never when I take it to a shop.

I'm at a loss for words. And unfortunately the problems don't seem to end for me.

ANY help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.