06 6.0 CPS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
06 6.0 CPS

I replaced my CPS due to the hard starting, Truck starts better now but dies whenever you come to a stop, or are trying to go from park to any gear.. Please Help before I get mad and sell it.. By the way its a 06 and only has 57k on it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Premium Member

CPS rarely goes bad on a 6.0l. I hardly have to replace them. Sounds like a FICM, what are your codes?
Old 03-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The story

There where no codes, it was starting hard when it was warm, 60+ seconds of cranking, dropped it off at the dealer a hour away, they called and said it was because the starter was missing a bolt and I could come pick it up, I convinced them to have a tech drive it home, he had the problem reacur. They then told me it needed a cps and they couldn't get one until the following monday. They also wanted to change the starter, and neither where covered under the 5 year/100k warranty. I asked about coming back on monday and waiting, they said they needed it all day so I had my local mechanic order the cps and do it. He picked it up this morning, and found a broken wire was causing the stalling, it seems to be better, but still does not start as good as it used to. I am going to run it for now the way it is seems I have been jerked so much by the dealer, cps is .4 hr, and whats a starter take? maybe a hour?? and they insisted I leave it again for a day, well a hour each way, to drop it off and pick it up plus a ride, I guess they lost my busness..
Old 03-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmaple View Post
There where no codes, it was starting hard when it was warm, 60+ seconds of cranking, dropped it off at the dealer a hour away, they called and said it was because the starter was missing a bolt and I could come pick it up, I convinced them to have a tech drive it home, he had the problem reacur. They then told me it needed a cps and they couldn't get one until the following monday. They also wanted to change the starter, and neither where covered under the 5 year/100k warranty. I asked about coming back on monday and waiting, they said they needed it all day so I had my local mechanic order the cps and do it. He picked it up this morning, and found a broken wire was causing the stalling, it seems to be better, but still does not start as good as it used to. I am going to run it for now the way it is seems I have been jerked so much by the dealer, cps is .4 hr, and whats a starter take? maybe a hour?? and they insisted I leave it again for a day, well a hour each way, to drop it off and pick it up plus a ride, I guess they lost my busness..
Does it stall still? If it starts hard when warm it sounds like an hpop leak. Does the oil pressure guage on the dash come up like it should? Do you have a good scan tool that can data stream or at least access to one? With some data we can help you get your truck going again!

A starter bolt will not do that. You do need that bolt tho, but it wont fix a hard start. It is under the 5 year 100k unless the title has a brand or something that voids the warranty. The starter is probly .5 hr. Do you know what the broken wire was for?

Id be unhappy too, it sounds like they are inexperienced with the 6.0l
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.