Michigan (and area) residents BEWARE!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Michigan (and area) residents BEWARE!!!

Well, I'm not too sure how I should begin this post but here it goes. Being a Ford dealer technician since 2000, and in the trade since 1994 has taught me a little bit about this business, but more importantly, how mechanics (or TECHNICIANS) like myself are perceived by the general public. One of biggest pitfalls we face on a day-to-day basis is the fact that we are regarded with great contempt by the general public as thieves or rip-off artists. We are the ones depended upon, to ensure your vehicle is maintained, and kept in a state of good repair. In doing so, there is great deal of expense incurred, both by the customer (cost of parts and labour), and by us (our tools, training, experience etc.).

What does NOT help this profession, is when shady "mechanics" or "wannabes" out there take on repairs where they get in way over their head. When this happens, the unsuspecting customer is then duped into paying for unecessary parts/repairs, when all is said and done, he/she'll never know. It is individuals like this, who give each and every one of us technicians a bad name, and give this industry a "black eye".

A while back, one such individual came onto THIS forum in search of "assistance" for a problem he was having with a particular truck in question. Being a mechanic, one would have thought that he would've consulted a workshop manual for the information he needed in order to assist him with his diagnosis. After unloading the "parts cannon", the final repair tally came to a total of $12,000.00!!! This was after over SIX MONTHS of monkeying around with this vehicle.

After reading the entire thread on this forum (which has since been removed), it caught my attention and I promptly copied and pasted the thread, for the members of the other forum I frequently visit (a private forum strictly for Ford dealer technicians ONLY) to see. Never, did I imagine it would catch the attention of almost everyone one that forum to the point where almost EVERYONE (myself included, and a Ford dealer SERVICE MANAGER), would promptly join this individual's own forum to chew into him on his actions and his tactics.

This individual's name is Rex Umney. The name of his business is Stellar Enterprise LLC. The address for this business is 8211 Ronda Drive Canton, Michigan 48187.

Those of you interested in taking the time to read what has been going on in this individual's own public forum, click on the link below, and navigate to the forum titled "F-Series Pickup Trucks and Sport Utility Vehicles". Pay attention to the dates and times of the various posts, and form your own conclusion from that. This is the individual that EVERYONE will want to avoid bringing your vehicle to for wrenching on. Here is the link:

F-Series Pickup Trucks and Sport Utility Vehicles - Auto-Trend Repairs and Service Information Forums
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Rice Hunter

Giving you the upper hand in appreciation to bringing this THUG to our attention.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:49 PM

Great post. I've been around other forums for years and sometimes there are posts like yours and a good forum will appreciate the honesty. If I lived in Michigan I'd buy you a drink or two. Agreed, there is nothing better than a good mechanic you can trust...the key is knowing just a bit less than the mechanic but let them do their job. It's the service writers and shop managers I keep an eye on. When doing ball joints at home today I realized it's a lot of heavy work and can see why it costs so much at a shop. The write-ups from this site were great and one was especially accurate so far except how many beers it took, I'll finish tomorrow.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to Cj Ford Send a message via Yahoo to Cj Ford
what a homo
Old 09-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I wanted to thank you for the link! And most importantly thank you Rex Umney, for saving me $1000.00! My 6.0 PSD truck has been stuck in low range for over a week now with the local dealership quoting me almost $1000 to replace the encoder motor alone!

Since I live close to Plymouth I found this thread using a search and out of pure curiosity followed the link! Thank goodness I did because that guy you claim is a shade tree saved me $1000 with his excellent post of how to fix a 4X4 PSD stuck in low range!

As an owner of a PSD for over 5 years now I can tell you that the amount of money I have spent on repairs has been well over $12,000. Perhaps you and this person had a falling out? But the quality of information posted on that site is excellent!

Taking into account my savings of $1000 and the fact early PSD trucks were some of Fords biggest problem child’s with one of the largest manufacture buy-backs in history I can't see where your claims above have been substantiated. It is clear by your own admission that you are a dealership "Service Manager" and thus your motive is clear. People like this guy cost you dealers a whole lot of money by sharing information, and some of the things said on that site are very anti-dealership.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSD111 View Post
I wanted to thank you for the link! And most importantly thank you Rex Umney, for saving me $1000.00! My 6.0 PSD truck has been stuck in low range for over a week now with the local dealership quoting me almost $1000 to replace the encoder motor alone!

Since I live close to Plymouth I found this thread using a search and out of pure curiosity followed the link! Thank goodness I did because that guy you claim is a shade tree saved me $1000 with his excellent post of how to fix a 4X4 PSD stuck in low range!

As an owner of a PSD for over 5 years now I can tell you that the amount of money I have spent on repairs has been well over $12,000. Perhaps you and this person had a falling out? But the quality of information posted on that site is excellent!

Taking into account my savings of $1000 and the fact early PSD trucks were some of Fords biggest problem child’s with one of the largest manufacture buy-backs in history I can't see where your claims above have been substantiated. It is clear by your own admission that you are a dealership "Service Manager" and thus your motive is clear. People like this guy cost you dealers a whole lot of money by sharing information, and some of the things said on that site are very anti-dealership.
Nice post, Rex. LMAO!!
Old 09-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Take for what its worth.

I even sent an email to the author of the thread thanking him.

A few threads you "might" find interesting.

I think this may be m-chan and Rex having it out

Another spat

Dealer tech brags about screwing a customer

Dealership brags about ripping off customer for $12,000 and even stalks the customer after!

I kid you not! Some of the stuff said about dealerships in that forum will make you cringe! Still, a thousand dollars saved is a thousand dollars earned. Consider this my thank you and payment.

Last edited by PSD111; 09-21-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.