fan blows cold air - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fan blows cold air

Hi guys,

I have brought my truck in twice to the Ford dealer, and they claim "itīs fixed, see ya" each time.

Here is the issue:
- The truck takes a long time to get warm. Once itīs warmed up, the fan keeps blowing cold air inside the cabin, even though the heat needle shows itīs warm. I have also notice that the needle was at 1/2 like when itīs normal, but then dropped right down for a minute. It does blow warm air from time to time though. When I brought it in, the added antifreeze, and that seemed to have fixed it, and worked fine for a while, until now. I have not checked the antifreeze level though.
- another problem I noticed few days ago that the turbo is making a weird noise sometimes, like a dog crying noice if you know what I mean, but goes away of course once I let go of the throttle, any ideas?

thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

forgot one thing that I am just curious about. How hard is it to change the injectors yourself on those trucks? Do you have to remove the cab? Do you know what the labor is in hours?
Old 03-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Premium Member

As far as the air blowing in the cab are you talking about the Air Conditioning out of the vents BTW I like the Prodigy phrase on your signature

Last edited by Ricemiester; 03-07-2009 at 09:12 AM. Reason: forgot
Old 03-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricemiester View Post
As far as the air blowing in the cab are you talking about the Air Conditioning out of the vents BTW I like the Prodigy phrase on your signature
hi, thanks

Iīm talking about the fan that warms the cabin up, dunno what itīs called other than just a fan but yeah, even if I crank the heat right up, it blows nuttin but cold air.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Premium Member

Alright..... It could be a couple of things..... First open the hood of your truck.
If you are looking under the hood from the front of your truck look torward the left to the rear of the engine compartment you should see 2 black hoses going into the firewall. One of them above the valve cover has a vacuum valve that opens and closes whenever you turn the heat on and it should have a gray hose hooked up to it. Make sure thats working... If it is then your Blendor Motor has went out and thats way up in the dash. I hope its simple enough for the vacuum hose falling off or a vacuum leak under the hood. Hope this helps you
Old 03-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via MSN to kmacicek Send a message via Yahoo to kmacicek
I had the same problem in mine.It was from the coolant level being to low from my head gaskets blowing by. had head gaskets done and havent had a problem with it since. I was having to add about a gallon of coolant everyday.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Runnin'wita2cylhandycap

I'm can't remember if this was in the 97 obs or my 01 but sevral years ago this same thing happened to me, seems like it was my 01.
Anyhow a ballpoint pen fell down inside the passenger side defroster vent and block a door in the ducting,...can't remember if it kept the door from closing or opening. Once removed everything went back to normal.

Froze my butt off and it drove me nutz till I found it.

Hope that helps,......Iceland?....Brrrrrrrrabbit
Old 03-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Premium Member

Sounds like there is air in it, make sure its full of coolant, bleed if necessary. Also feel both heater hoses they should feel about the same. If one is warmer suspect a restricted heater core.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.