Now it will not start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Problems Forum Having Trouble? Post here

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Now it will not start

This mourning Iwent outside to start my 99' F250 super duty (241k miles). Like every mourning I waited for the glows to time out and started it. Started right up as usual. Went back inside to let warm up. 5 minutes later I returned to find it had stalled. That NEVER happened before. I tryed it again and it started right up. Then it shut off after apprx. 5 seconds. Now it wont even fire. I noticed the "wait to start" light does not light up. To make things more difficult, I was in a head on crash with it (dontwish that on any Ford), I repaired it myself, Hood, ds fender, grill/ bumper, inter support, etc. The computer inside the ds fender was untouched in the crash, but under the ds battery was a module that was damaged. It had about 20 fine electronic pins that pluged into it. The bottom of the module and the connector had slight damage. After inspecting it looked good. I siliconed the damage. I ran the truck 5 weeks after the crash and about 2 weeks after the repair. All fuses are good. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2009, 01:48 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

you probably blew the fuse to the fuel heater which is also pcm power , no wait to start light means no pcm power , unplug the two wire white connector on the backside of the fuel filter housing and replace necesary fuse
Old 03-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

A day later. I found the blown fuse. Unplugged the "green" two wire connector behind the fuel filter, and it still blows the fuse with and without the connector plugged in.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:48 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

you unpluged the waste gate solenoid , you have to unplug the white 2 wire connector on the back side of the filter housing , the connector you unpluged is mounted on the intake , this connector you have to look down lower
Old 03-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yep, my bad, that was it, need a new fuel bowl heater. Been working way to many hours lately. Thanx for the good advice. This is the first time it happened to me. My work fleet consists of a '96, '97, 2 - '99s, and an 01, all with 7.3 power strokes. also have a Cat and a Detroit in my bigger trucks.
Scuffy 828 rocks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.