Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tow/Haul problem

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  cappyrj 
#1 ·
I tried to place my transmission on my Ford F250 into Tow/Haul mode this wekened and nothing happened. I have done nothing to the truck since the last time I used Tow/Haul. Am I looking ata big bill or simple fix.

#2 ·
we need to know a couple more things here to help you out.

1. does the light on the gear shift lever come on indicating that its in tow/haul mode?
2. does the CEL come on?
3. is the truck still going into overdrive?

some of the techs might want some more info but these are things that I know can help solve the problem.

#5 ·
I have the same problem... its not only suppossed to work when something is plugged into the trailer brake is it?? I haven't used mine since last summer and I tried the other day cause I was bored at a light and nothing..:dunno:

#7 ·
Welcome to the site. For starters the 6.0 trans will go into overdrive with the tow haul button pressed. You cant disable OD that way. What tow haul does on the 6.0 is change shift points, increase line pressure, and keep the converter locked longer. If the tow haul light isnt coming on you need to have codes pulled

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.