Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Oil temp is 92-104? Bad sensor?

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Dave 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 6.0 egr delete new thermostat and my oil temp will only come up to 92 and top out at 104! My coolant stays at 183 give or take 5 but do you guys think my oil temp sensor is bad? Thanks

#4 ·
My truck

You mean cool down? Not sure on the cold soak haven't looked close at it yet but I hope it's loose wires. It's been 85 outside so I'm assuming it's reading under the hood temp.

#6 ·
OK! after (cold soak).....we are reading 28.60 C on EOT and 82.40 F on ECT. What you guys think? Sensor?

#8 ·
thanks now that I feel stupid. working ALOT lately 4 hours sleep in two days.

#10 ·
Using torque app or engine link app for iPhone and ordered elm327 wi fi dongle that plugs in to my obd2 port. I had to add a custom pid into the app to change c to F now that I have done this after fully warming up with my ppe xcelerator on level 10 (215 hp) my coolant always stays 185-190 and my oil got up to 221 slowly. Does that seem ok?

#11 ·
Do the oil cooler delta test. Fully warm up the truck and run it at 65 MPH on a level road (some say 30 minutes) I think you can figure it out in less than 10 miles. Your delta between your EOT and ECT should be no more than 15 degrees. Even at 15 your oil cooler is on its way out and you should consider flushing your cooling system, installing a coolant filter, and run it the truck for a couple of weeks to try and catch most of the crap in the coolant system then replace your oil cooler. Oh and if you got the Ford gold coolant crap change it over to CAT rated ELC.

#12 ·
Make sure the torque app is reading EOT in Farenheit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.