Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Low EOT question

817 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  trujillo417 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 F250 (late build 6.0) with about 180K miles on it. Mostly stock with a magnaflow exhaust, and leveled.

Within the past 6 months I have replaced the EGR cooler, oil cooler, EGR valve, #2 injector, FICM, alternator, both batteries, front end tie rods, and ball joints and other normal maint. stuff. Truck runs great..

Last month, we pulled our toy hauler (about 7K#) up the Eisenhower pass... ECT temps hit 228 and oil temps hit 235... (using Dashboss to monitor).. ran great with no issues at all...

on the downside of the pass, the temps dropped and the oil actually dropped cooler and the coolant temps. After the two hour ride back down the pass, through town and to the house, I had EOT at 192 and the ECT at 199 at idle in the driveway. Ever since then, the EOT is always about 5-10 cooler than the ECT.

After sitting over night, both temps are within 2-4 degrees of each-other so I am assuming the temp sensors are ok.

This has been the "normal" for the past few weeks... truck runs great, no CEL, no codes and nothing else other then the EOTs being a bit cooler than the ECT all the time... I am typically seeing 190 EOT and 195 ECT for normal city routine driving....any ideas what is going on?

See less See more
#2 ·
Same thing is happening to me on my 06 6.0 with the Edge cts but even cooler. Around city driving im seeing 186-188 ECT and 173-175 EOT... Sometimes temps even go lower. Idk whats going on i just emailed Edge to see what they say, maybe faulty monitor?

#3 ·
Yea the close I watch it, Im seeing EOT like 10-15 cooler than the ECT. I called a couple ford shops and they all said as long as the temps stay within 20 degrees there was no real issue that they could address....typical ford....

I guess I will just see what happens... let me know if you find anything out and ill do the same... maybe they are just sensors going bad?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.