Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

03' 6.0 Running Rough

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  BullyPower 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 2003 6.0 thats is running rough from cold to hot. A few weeks ago I ran out of gas and kept cranking the engine trying to get it to start (Gauge read quarter left). Once we figured out that I needed gas and got it started, I noticed that it was idling funny. But finally realized that it idles rough and runs rough and also gets even worse gas mileage.

Codes that I am getting when I use my edge are,
P0270 Injector circuit low
P0341 Camshaft position sensor A circuit range/ performance bank 1 or single sensor
P0403 EGR valve position control circuit
P0405 Sensor A low egr circuit

I have deleted my egr and I am running a sct, so I dont know why im getting the egr codes. I have checked my FICM voltage with a multimeter when cold and hot and it did not drop below 47v while cranking and running. Im not getting any white smoke with start up in the mornings either. Any help would greatly appreciated.

M.H.

#2 ·
I noticed a small amount of white smoke coming out of the exhaust today. Could it be sticky injectors?

#3 ·
Check your fuel supply, there is a port facing the fan shroud that can be used to hook a manual gauge. Then you can read you fuel pressure real time with a long enough line.
If your fuel pressure is stable at idle and WOT under load, then you need to run a buzz test to check electrical and a cylinder contribution test to see if it is certain cylinder that is causing problems.
Also a visual inspection of the wiring loom above and sides of intake would help to see if you have any chaffing from vibration.
With the smoke issue, you night have an injector either dumping to much fuel or be commanded to dump to much fuel. which would be the coolest cylinder.

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply Bullypower. I figured out that it was the FICM harness. One of the ends on the female side was pushed in not letting it contact to the FICM.

#5 ·
Now, does anyone know if an 06 FICM harness will fit on my 03?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.