Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

egr and fan clutch

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dblringer 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I've been researching all over trying to find the best resolve for my a/c not activating my clutch fan on my 2003 6.0 Excursion. Apparently the a/c won't engage the clutch fan at idle witch in turn causes pressures in the a/c high side to zoom up over 400#. I read several threads that stated the egr had to be plugged in so the PCM would switch the fan at idle . Was hoping someone new of a wiring method at the egr plug that would fool the PCM into thinking the egr is still there (reason being the previous owner threw out the egr valve and a new one is $100 plus)

Truck is a 2003 Excursion with 6.0, Sinister EGR delete,FICM w/ Atlas 80 and SCT custom tunes 86,000 miles on truck

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Find a good used egr and plug it in . Plus your turbo will sweep again. You can usually find one for 40 or 50 bucks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Update- I charged the a/c and used my AE scanner to activate the fan and the a/c pressures were fine - guess I'll have to get an EGR valve and plug it in to hopefully complete the fan circuit thru the PCM. Doesn't make sense that the EGR is in the circuit unless it used as a simple ground thru connection to save wire and maybe I could just jump the right pair of wires in the connector and solve the issue. Just don't know what wires to connect if any - sure don't want to fry the PCM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.