Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2003 Ford F250 No start after HPOP

869 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  JaredP 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 6.0 F250. Shortly after purchasing the truck we had the EGR cooler failure. I replaced the Oil cooler, EGR Delete, blue spring upgrade and other basic maitence.

Truck did well for a few weeks. It always had a cold starting issue. This led us to the latest event. The truck stalled and we towed it in. I performed a air test with the Hpop cover off, and confirmed a bad HPOP.

Installed a new ford HPOP, also found the IPC sensor was starting to leak oil and replaced it. After assembly the truck cranked for a while, and then fired up and ran fantastic for about 10 seconds. After 10 seconds it shut right off. No stumble, nothing, just killed over.

I hooked up the scan tool and found the following-

IPC 314 IPR % 15 FICM Voltage 48.5 FICM Sync NO and no rpm read out.

I've gone over and wiggled all the wires and did not make any affect to it- It appears somehow I've lost a connection, but I'm open to any suggestions.

#3 ·
Should have made it more clear in the first post- I stuck it in,

IPR stays at 15% all the time

ICP hits a max of 350 PSI

FICM has no sync, and I get no RPM pickup. From what I understand the 15% value is generally related to a connection issue. I'm trying to see if going for a harness before a FICM makes sense.

Truck had major cold start issues before the HPOP gave me a warning that I ignored, lost all full throttle power.

Something else I noticed- After cranking, there appears to possibly be some diesel coming from the back of the head (ALTHOUGH could also just be the oil/fluids mix from tearing it down 3 times today..)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.