Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

PLEASE HELP

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  john galt 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I want to start off by thanking any and all input on my matter at hand. I have a 2006 F-250 6.0L. I just got it back from a shop about a week ago. They couldn't figure it out just wanted to keep tossing parts at it. All the following parts are new....4 injectors (drivers side) ipr valve, icp sensor, glow plug control module, fuel injector harness, 2 batteries, alternator, ficm half shell. Fresh oil with motor craft filter. Truck has cat back exhaust, 4 inch down pipe, high raise intake elbow, cold air intake (all banks products) also I was told that cylinder 2 had right around 350 on the compression test. ERG delete also

When I start the truck sometime it puffs a little bit of white smoke and then goes away. Other times it just pours white smoke (seems to get better when the ect gets hotter) when I hook it up to the snap on souls pro it is reading that cylinder number 2 has a negative contribution of -108 or some times higher.

The last trip to the shop cost a little bit and for only owning the truck for 3 months I have spent more on repairs than on payments. I would like it not to have to go back into the shop.

I have kept an eye on coolant and it has not lost any coolant over the last 6,000 miles I have owned it. The smoke is very strong in it burns the eyes ( unhurt raw diesel) not coolant

To top everything off when I picked my truck up my bed cover was gone and misc body damg (estimate total was $3700)

Thanks again to anyone who responds hopefully we can get this figured out.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
to me it does sound like maybe an injector or harness issue maybe if it stayed with 2 supposedly new injectors you have a dead connection on your injector harness?
just a thought :shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.