Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New here, have problems

1K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  bgraiders323 
#1 ·
I have an 03 f250 with the 6.0l. 99,000 miles and the lifter retainer broke and caused #1 and #2 cam lobes to wear completely bald and destroyed LPOP, long story short---I rebuilt the engine, replaced IPR, HPOP, stand tubes, and tried to fire it up, and no start....I managed to hook my Solus scanner, came back with 2 codes, P0488 & P0408. I noticed while plugging in the TPS and the the other sensor on the throttle body, have no actual electronics in the sensor, they are just dummy sensors. I check on ICP Actual pressure and while cranking, it stays at 0kpa, tried unplugging the ICP, still nothing. I'm getting LP at 70PSI. I'm so stumped and have not a clue in the world what to start with next...please help

#5 ·
when i had the ICP unplugged, i also had my scanner read the ICP pressure, and it went into Limp mode and made the the default value of 7000kpa for both ICP Desired and ICP Actual. which leads me to believe the wiring is perfectly fine. the IPR is brand new, and i even tested it and it is fully functional...

#4 ·
Icp voltage is at 0.18v, which from what I've read is normal for 0 psi/kpa. I cranked it over for 30-45 seconds with 1 minute intervals for over 2-3hours. Ficm voltage is perfect on all three banks. I had to replace the starter on this thing too. IPR duty cycle Is 15% key on, shoots to 85% while cranking, still no ICP pressure...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.