Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

leaky head gasket but no puking

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  American_Blueoval 
#1 ·
Ok so ive had the truck for a few months now. Its my first 6.0 but I've been around these trucks for a long time. Every time I've seen a bad head gasket there was coolant overflow. I don't have any issues with coolant pressure and my coolant is completely to the full level. But I have oil leaking around the base of the head where it bolts up to the block. anybody know whats going on? i think its a head gasket but please tell me if there's anything you know that i might not.

#2 ·
You are aware that the top half of the head is actually not the head but the rocker box and has a gasket that can leak oil.
I have seldom come across 6.0 heads that the gasket leaks externally. When I have it has been a really warped or realy streached bolts.

#4 ·
its not common to see oil leak around base of head , the most common is glow pug harness leaking , next valve cover , the best thing to do is clean it off real good and keep checking it till leak shows up again and possibly pinpoint it closer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.