Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.0 power

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  zippy557 
#1 ·
i have an 06 6.0 with an edge juice platinum a kn in take and 4 in exhaust. when i first put the chip in the thing would smoke like crazy on the high setting lately its been less and less, also slugish getting to the power could that be dirty air or fuel filter? any ideas?

#2 ·
Well, everyone(including me) is going to tell you to get rid of the edge and the k&n and get a custom tuned SCT and a afe or s&b intake. As far as the smoke and sluggishness, i would try the fuel filter. Whens the last time it was changed?

#8 ·
You should definitely change your fuel filters more often than every 25k miles! Ford says to change them every 15k but I change mine every 10k to assure they stay pretty clean.

#5 ·
Yeah you might want to get that changed. The sct is custom tunes for your truck, it tunes the trans, and you will have alot more power. My cousin has a cummins and he has a edge on it. Hes had a new trans and is now in the shop getting a new motor because of the edge.

#7 ·
Everything poses a threat to the headgaskets if you have stock headstuds. And a tuner shouldnt hurt your injectors. You probably would have headgaskets and egr problems without a tuner, thats the only bad things about the 6.0. The bad thing about the edge is it horrible for your trans. Fill out your signature so we can see all the info about your truck, i.e: what year, engine, mods, etc...

#11 ·
the filtering is very bad on them, which means bad for you turbo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.