Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Several issues

485 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Schooner622 
#1 ·
1st: having a starting issue. Will start fine when cold, but when warm it will randomly not start. All the lights come on, wait to start will come on and go off, then when you turn the key it does nothing. This only happens every now and then. It will usually start once it has sat for a while. Super weird.
2nd: Getting light smoke during warmup and upon acceleration from a stop. Thinking it is an injector sticking, already need to replace #2, but don't want to tear down to find it's something else.

Truck is an 06 with EGR delete, updated STC, updated fuel spring, and dummy plugs. No tune and FICM is fine. Oil temp is hot, but she is getting new oil cooler soon.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Well, the not starting is new, but I've been chasing the smoke for awhile. Had turbo rebuilt and it stopped for a while. Now it's back but in much smaller quantities.

#4 ·
I'm fairly certain it's stiction or bad seals in #2, but since the parts aren't cheap and labor is extensive, I like to confirm issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.