Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Temps high

852 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bansheeman 
#1 ·
I just had everything done; studs, powermax, stock injectors, sct fitting, sandpipes and dummy plugs, new fan, oil cooler and egr delete, sct tuner and tunes from innovative. Over the weekend I pulled my 8500lb trailer to the sand dunes with no issues on the way there. On the way back I was hitting 235 coolant and 241 oil. Delta on flat ground were 12 degrees max. Everything was done by weeks ago. What might be my issue? Measuring everything with an edge insight cts.

#2 ·
New fan or fan clutch? I'd make sure that is plugged in and functioning properly. Next how old is the thermostat? Could be stuck closed. If it is old replace it. And then finally how old is your water pump? Any leaking coolant from the weep hole on the water pump?

#4 ·
Was it hitting the high temps and then dropping back off once the fan kicked on? Or is this a constant? Any sign of puking?

#5 ·
New fan and fan clutch, new thermostat, new BPD water pump. I just had the entire truck done a week before my trip. Everything was clean. It was hitting high temps when climbing but I could not hear my fan ever kick on. Runs great unloaded. Just ordered a new aluminum radiator last night and if that doesn't cure it, I guess back to the shop to get looked at further.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.